[WikiEN-l] Album listings

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sat Feb 15 18:46:58 UTC 2003

tarquin Wrote:
>What do we think about all these pages about music albums, which give
>just a track listing and nothing else?

I've disliked those from the start.  It seems very little thought went
into them, not even enough to establish barebones context (e.g. artist
and genre), much less a greater historical or social context (e.g. why
we should care).  (something we often fail to establish, me included,
though with the basics down it's easier to get there).

>[[Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band]] - now *that*'s an encyclopedia
>article!

yes.

kq

wikikarma: stub for [[Baraka (film)]]--and now I'm off to continue
editing my own film, tho one that almost certainly will not merit an
article.  :-)