[WikiEN-l] trying hard to do a list right

Tom Parmenter tompar at world.std.com
Sat Feb 15 03:00:35 UTC 2003

Tokerboy and I are having a conversation about a list of songwriters.

He started with [[List of songwriters/temp]].  I made some comments on
the talk page and then started [[List of songwriters/temp2]] with
further talk page discussion.  I followed the idea we had discussed
here of using other people's lists as the basis of a Wikipedia list.

I'm not really wild about either the first idea, list the top 12 in
each genre, nor the second idea, use the lists from Songwriter Halls
of Fame, because they are so long.

Even if you aren't interested in songwriters, the issue is a recurring
one and hard to solve, so maybe you'd like to chime in.

Ortolan88
Tom Parmenter