[WikiEN-l] Asimov-still POV

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Thu Feb 13 18:41:40 UTC 2003

Lir is correct on this one, Jimmy.  As long as he is showing respect for
the efforts of others, his disagreements shouldn't be cause for banning.
But that isn't what is happening here; Lir has decided to adopt the Wiki
culture, and got slammed for it by you.

I agree; the quote about Nightfall being considered Asimov's greatest
story NEEDS to be attributed; the 1968 consensus of certain Sci-Fi
writers seems like sufficient attribution.

All this "many believe that" crap is very vague and un-encyclopedic.  It
makes it sound like we don't know much about the topics we are writing
about.

No more double standards.  Not for Lir, not for me, not for anyone.

Jonathan