[WikiEN-l] Sysop = Position of Power?

wiki pedista wikipedista at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 12 17:44:32 UTC 2003

Hello All,
    I came across in some posts with the idea that
giving Zoe sysop status gave her more "power" or
"authority" to deal with Lir. Forgive me if I missed
something, but last time I checked the sysop was an
administrative status, and we do not have power to
ban registered users, and the protecting of pages
is very highly discouraged, so, I do not see where
that "power" could come from; unless now the
title "Sysop" now has some hidden significance. And
I remember also that trying to use "Sysop" as a title
was discouraged a while ago (Isn't that right,
Uncle Ed?).

The only way that someone could be granted the power
to deal with Lir and others would be investing them
with a "Jimbo Walesship", and I haven't seen that
happen.

AstroNomer