[WikiEN-l] Re: Zoe becoming a sysop

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Feb 11 08:48:56 UTC 2003

Jonathan Walther wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:56:09PM -0500, daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
>
>>   Zoe is one of the finest contributors Wikipedia has.
>>   Besides, being a sysop is not some remarkable surge of power. It
>> simply
>>   makes it easier to revert vandalism. It is pretty obvious to me
>> that Zoe
>>   would not abuse any additional editorial powers she gets.
>>
>>   I suggest that we ask Zoe to reconsider and become a sysop.
>

> I second that motion and agree with what Danny has said.  Zoe, please
> accept
> the position of sysop, and please take on the role of mentor to Lir.
> If he
> acts up in the next 3 months, act in as draconian a manner as you feel is
> warranted.  We need someone to encourage community standards; I think you
> would do that admirably.

I want it on record that I have no objection to Zoe as a sysop.  I'm
sure that if she ever chose to exceed her authority, there would be
enough others to complain.  Our Mister Ed has experienced that in the
past, and he is still alive and well.

For the mentorship to work both Zoe and Lir would need to agree to that
solution.

Eclecticology