[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia scheduled downtime tonight

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Feb 10 13:26:49 UTC 2003

On lun, 2003-02-10 at 00:01, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Will run a while longer; my initial estimate left out doing a backup run
> first, which itself is rather slow. My apologies...

Well, if the damn thing ever finishes (which it had damn well better in
the next hour or so), it should automatically kick back into read-write
mode.

(I suspect there are still some tweaks to the database configuration we
could make that would make these overhauls run a lot faster...)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)