[WikiEN-l] The Lir situation

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Sat Feb 8 23:16:23 UTC 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 09:22:00PM +0100, Erik Moeller wrote:
>Regarding your connected sysop request, I have no objections under these
>conditions, which every sysop should meet:
>
>1) That you are not an editor, but a moderator;
>2) That you do not use the "page protection" privilege in conflicts where
>you yourself are involved;
>3) That you only delete pages which are obvious nonsense
>("aihwerjfoaijw"), or have been listed on "Votes for deletion" for a while
>without significant dissent.

I think none of these restrictions should apply to Zoe when she is
dealing with Lir, and her actions pertaining to Lir should not be reversed
by another sysop unless there is a consensus, not only that Lir made an
"ok" contribution, but that he was showing proper respect for the fact that
we all have to work together here.

If he is willing to cooperate, let's let him.  If he wants to compete
and call people names, we shouldn't have to sit on our hands and weep
while we wait for Jimmy to reinstitute a ban.

I suggest that Zoe can be Lir's mentor; if Lir ignores Zoe, then only he
is to blame for whatever action she uses her sysop powers for to deal
with him.  Not only is it poetic justice, but I feel Lir has progressed
enough that spending time deliberately trying not to piss off Zoe would
complete the polish on his Wiki-indoctrination and make him the valued
contributor we all know he is capable of being.

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2