[WikiEN-l] The Lir situation

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Feb 8 20:22:00 UTC 2003

Zoe,

thanks for thinking about this. The thing is, while Lir has made many
edits that justified her ban, as Mav and others have observed, her
behavior has somewhat improved recently. I don't recall her calling anyone
a moron under the "Vera Cruz" identity, for example. I also think that any
ban should be temporary, and that we should give everyone an opportunity
to reform.

Regarding your connected sysop request, I have no objections under these
conditions, which every sysop should meet:

1) That you are not an editor, but a moderator;
2) That you do not use the "page protection" privilege in conflicts where
you yourself are involved;
3) That you only delete pages which are obvious nonsense
("aihwerjfoaijw"), or have been listed on "Votes for deletion" for a while
without significant dissent.

Given these restrictions, I also find it hard to see what you could do
regarding Lir's behavior with sysop privileges that you cannot presently
do?

Regards,

Erik