[WikiEN-l] User banned, why?

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Thu Feb 6 06:21:08 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 23:16, Jesse Alter wrote:
> Hey, I'm new to the list, and I hope to keep up a bit. The main reason I
> subscribed was to talk about User:VeraCruz/Lir. I've been speaking to
> them on and off of Wikipedia, and they seem like a nice person. We've
> been speaking about various topics, and when advising me about
> Wikipedia, he's taught me a lot about empiricism and NPOV. I've read
> some articles he has contributed a lot to...

The short answer is that Adam consistently refused to work with others
or make an evident attempt to understand Wikipedia standards (e.g.
naming conventions, minor edits). He also had a nettlesome propensity of
altering people's comments on his talk page to completely change the
meaning of the comments. And doing other things to deliberately tease
other contributors. Then there's the whole multiple identity/sex-change
behavior.

See [[User:The Cunctator/Advice for Lir]] for advice Adam never
followed.

A longer answer goes into the personalities of other active
contributors, why anyone is banned at all, etc. etc. At some point he
decided he was being persecuted and then started behaving more
childishly, at which other people got into the act (see the edit history
of User:Lir to see some disgraceful behavior by others). And so forth.

Search for Lir on the mailing list archives.

--tc