[WikiEN-l] Blocked user report

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 20:42:00 UTC 2003

Cunc-
> Please unblock these users. Blocking them just encourages the behavior.
> If I'm not mistaken, you have not been granted authority to block those
> usernames.

When Ed wrote "block", what he meant was "change the password". In this
case, anyone could do that, so Ed did not need any special authority to do
so. In fact, I will change the passwords of new accounts of this type
myself if nobody else does. I have explained several times why these
accounts are a bad idea and suggested alternatives, but the user who
created them has ignored these suggestions.

Regards,

Erik