[WikiEN-l] Isis -Tarquin dispute.

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Mon Feb 3 15:28:07 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:20:25PM -0000, Eugene Gill wrote:
>   I'm quite disgusted at Isis' behaviour to the extent that I've joined this
>   mail list so that I can voice my wish (seconding Eloquence's) that Isis be
>   removed from sysop status. Furthermore I think she should be banned for
>   making ridiculous threats of legal action to a fellow Wikipedian (Tarquin)
>   over a comment that as far as I can gather was merely a difference of
>   opinion.

You seem ignorant of how the law works.  Isis has brought up some valid
issues that the Wikipedia needs to deal with for it's own future safety
and continuance.

I really hope the Wikipedia will not be the type of project that shoots the
messenger when problems are pointed out.  Isis is a valuable sysop, and
I would be sad to see his privileges taken away.

Wikipedia, not Ostrichpedia!

Jonathan

--
                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2