[WikiEN-l] RE: partisan wrangling on wikipedia

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Sun Feb 2 00:41:58 UTC 2003

mav writes:
>Anybody who believes that is is possible /not/ to have bickering and
>wrangling in Wikipedia hasn't spent much time working with large
groups of
>people in an academic setting (or even in an office working on a
project for
>that matter).

I've been here since April 2001.  you judge if that's long enough to
determine whether things are getting better or worse, or staying the
same.  thanks for the personal snub though.  I suppose I had it coming.

>Different people have different viewpoints and Wikipedia IMO does a
very good
>job of distilling the POV down to their NPOV elements. But this
process takes
>a lot of time for highly contentious subjects. It also occasionally
requires
>us to expel those people who can't work with others - but the same is
true in
>the real world.

Perhaps I'm just impatient then.  Certainly the pedia, as of late,
seems to be for some other type of person than me.

kq