[WikiEN-l] banned user Vera Cruz is making edits again - action required

Tony Wilson list at redhill.net.au
Sat Feb 1 23:21:50 UTC 2003

The twice-banned troublemaker Vera Cruz is making edits again. Would someone with the appropriate skills and permissions
mind explaining how this is possible, and what action can be taken about it please?

We all know that it's possible for a banned user to use a different IP to make edits anyway (by visiting an Internet cafe, for
example), but the inconvenience is obviously going to slow them down a bit. Pending any possible further technical action to
enforce the ban - and enforce it we must, else there is no point whatever in having a ban in the first place - I suggest that all list
members revert any new edits made by the banned member *regardless of content*.

The only alternative is to admit that we lack the power to enforce any policy, and that does not bear thinking about.