[WikiEN-l] Confusing user names (was: Banning with cookies)

Axel Boldt axelboldt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 23 18:00:28 UTC 2003

--- Tucci <tucci528 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> could we all make an
> effort to include our Wikipedia names in our posts if
> isn't the same as whatever is in our "from" box?  I've
> been confused on more than one occasion for this
> reason.

I agree. I also don't like that our software makes it easy to sign
comments with nicknames different from usernames. By now there are some
people for whom you need to memorize three names (nickname, username,
mailing list name), and some people even change their nicknames around.
This behavior is childish and makes it harder to follow discussions. I
think it shouldn't be encouraged by the software.

Axel