[WikiEN-l] Larry's text is being unfairly criticised

Rotem Dan rotem_dan at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 19 14:34:45 UTC 2003

--- Robert <rkscience100 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have been silent reading a mass of misinformed and
> silly
> attacks on Larry's fine article on philosophical
> knowledge
> and epistemology.

I have confessed being misinformed on the subject of
philosophy (and other various cognitive subjects), and
I apologize about the hostile attitude I have shown
towards larry's text and this mailing-list's
participants in general.

Nevertheless, the discussion has diverged to other
topics not necessarily related to larry or his
writing. For example, I have recently added a new
addition to the "What Wikipedia is Not" article, from
what was criticism of the very suitability of these
types of texts to wikipedia, the guideline/rule in its
current form goes like this:

What Wikipedia is not
.
.

19.  An educational textbook. Though Wikipedia
attempts to explain many non-trivial scientific and
philosophical topics, articles should not be written
merely with the intention of teaching the subject,
this is what book references are for.

I plan to add more refinements to the policies and
rules in the next weeks.

-- Rotem