[WikiEN-l] JoanB is DW

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Wed Apr 16 17:53:47 UTC 2003

Eric Demolli wrote:

>See Village pump.

Shoot, I was totally taken in and wrote a nice intro thing on its
talk page; but the accumulating stuff on Village pump and Image use
policy now looks like a direct continuation of the line of argument
from Black Widow.

You know folks, if people had to register with their real names,
this whole identity guessing game would go away.  I've been messing
with Wikipedia for only 10 weeks, so am still a newbie, but between
the identity games with troublesome users and the cleanup of daily
vandalism by anonymous users, it looks to me like it costs more time
to deal with all that than is saved by getting the few anonymous
contributions.

Do people still believe that anonymous contribution is critical
to success, or is it just an attitude left over from the startup
days?

Stan