[WikiEN-l] Wikipedians as war criminals

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at gmx.de
Wed Apr 16 12:13:39 UTC 2003

> > Ed's approach to this subject has all the appearance of a troll.
>
> I don't agree.

"To utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable responses or
flames; or, the post
itself."

definition: from jargon file

>From Edmund W's posting:
"I'm content to be considered a "criminal" by the ICC -- it has no
jurisdiction outside of countries which have signed its stupid treaty
-- and I never travel to those dumb places anyway. So there! Nyaah, nyaah.

I stay in the civilized world, where there is Rule By Law -- not
kangaroo courts making politicized decisions in favor of ruthless
dictatorships."

"stupid treaty", "dumb places", "stay in the civilized world", "kangaroo
courts" ...
Puh, I agree with the previous poster that this has all appearances of a
troll. But actually it is not
important if this a "troll" or "flame" post. I was just very very
disappointed to read such
statements from Ed for whom I had a lot of respect.

>  I agree in substance with Ed's views on the ICC,

for the record: I don't.

> *really* we shouldn't discuss politics on the list.  It's outside the
> scope of our mission, and very dangerous for WikiLove.

Ack.

best regards,
  Marco