[WikiEN-l] Ideapedia - after LittleDan

Stevertigo stevertigo at attbi.com
Tue Apr 15 03:28:58 UTC 2003

LittleDan's original research idea is excellent (as are nearly all of his
observations) - and Brian's further idea for a separate implementation is
spot on!  Many of us have had this idea - the question is implementation.
Thinking about it a bit - the idea should be rather explicit - (under a
general heading of course) and  notarized as being the property "of the
imaginer". But it should also be open as a wiki to allow for dynamic, and
direct collaboration - at a brainstorming level!

This would be ideal for all involved - but an important point to make is
that while the categories linking to subjects could be guides to these
detailed synopses - the material itself is essentially entirely user-pages!
Just like we like to have our own cheezy crap on WP as a /after to our own
usernames - This would be entirely that - Just userpages with their
particular spews and rants and notions and LD50 test records online - Each
user should also have ban priveliges for those pages - in case someone gets
nuts or personal.  The all of those LarrySanger/pages can have a home... :)

OR: WP gets loosened up - we use the WP as both encyclopedia and research
platform - as well as a blog/links page/ file storage/Bomis babe report
clippings.. etc... Just kidding... the problem with the meta is that its
tied to the WP in terms of purpose - and its under GFDL. Intellectual
property - or potential ip should be dealt with as such - and the site that
implements that kind of thing should act in some ways like a notary
public. -Steven H. Vertigo