[WikiEN-l] James I of England PROTECTED

Oliver Pereira omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 13 15:40:44 UTC 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, tarquin wrote:

> How did they managed to create controversy there?

Susan Mason changed the text of [[James I of England]] to give the king's
English title before his Scottish title, changed the word "king" to
"British Monarch", and added a quote to the bottom of the article which
the king apparently once made.

Apparently this was "trolling". This is obviously some strange usage of
the word "trolling" that I wasn't previously aware of.

On the talk page, I have asked the parties involved to refrain from
posting tirades against individual contributors and tell us what the
problem with the article is. Hopefully when they have calmed down, they
will be able to do so. (On the talk page, that is, not the mailing list.)

Oliver

| Oliver Pereira                            |
| Dept. of Electronics and Computer Science |
| University of Southampton                 |
| omp199 at ecs.soton.ac.uk                    |