[WikiEN-l] Streamline the sysop recruiting process

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Apr 7 16:51:16 UTC 2003

sannse wrote:

> I think Notheruser and Ams80 might have been missed?
> They have requested and been backed for sysops.

I didn't miss those two, but:

* I didn't want to do anything hasty toward the end of a week.
* I'm getting lazy ;-)

How about creating a Button that sysops can use to promote
other sysops? I'm getting tired of writing and checking SQL queries. Also, I don't want to become a gatekeeper :-(

We could (maybe?) hash out some rules, like:

1. Must be nominated and seconded (i.e., takes N votes where N >= 2? or N >= 3?).
2. Can't nominate or second anyone till you've been a sysop
for N days (N > 30 days? N > 90 days? N > 12 months?)

Note: I don't particularly care one way or another, and I'm
not trying to start a debate. I'm just trying to find a way
to avoid work! ^_^

Ed Poor
One of that tiny group of "developers"