[Wikipedia-l] Re: Oregon City and Bryce Harrington

Digital Addictions Software digitaladdictions at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 01:28:14 UTC 2002

I was the person who noticed the Oregon City article had a copyright notice
WITH an invariant section that the notice could not be removed.  This violates
the copyright agreement to add to Wikipedia (no invariant sections).  I
respectfully asked Bryce to remove the incompatibility or delete his additions
that he claimed credit for.  He removed the invariant section.  Let me make the
rest of this discussion a practical one.  Who among us would have accepted it
if I would put at the end of *every* 30,000 or so city articles a message that
the articles were mine and copyrighted "2002 Derek Ramsey"?  I am pretty sure
(unless I misunderstand) that if you add to Wikipedia you give your consent to
let others modify your work.  That may mean eliminating it, removing your
copyright notice, or whatever they feel like doing.  Wikipedia has a copyright
notice and that should be sufficient.  If you can't agree to it, you can't add
articles, no matter how much we want them.
	Ram-Man