[Wikipedia-l] Questions concerning copyright and fair use

Zoe zoecomnena at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 22:29:36 UTC 2002

There have been copies of the DVD cover included with other movie articles.  This seems to be covered by fair use.
Zoe
 Alexander Stephen Bradbury <bradba at bishop-perowne.worcs.sch.uk> wrote:I was wondering whther you have any answers on some copyright
issue-related questions I have. Such as, in [[The Matrix]] article, can I
legally add a screen capture from my DVD copy?, how about a small scan of
the box cover? I can include a FULL cast list can't I? And what about
computer games, or applications. Can I post screenshots of them? Can I
reproduce copies of pictures of famous actors and post them under fair use
(or maybe show a picture of them starring in a movie). Do we have answers
to any of these questions?

Thanks,
ASB [[User:Smelialichu]]
--

There are only 10 types of people in this world;
Those that know binary...and those that don't