[Wikipedia-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] "Mark all edits minor by default"

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Thu Nov 21 14:49:38 UTC 2002

On 11/21/02 5:52 AM, "Erik Moeller" <e.moeller at fokus.gmd.de> wrote:

> There's a new preference in CVS now to have edits minor by default, as
> per someone's request on wikipedia-l. This may be helpful for
> copyeditors. I haven't added it to the other Language* files (except for
> German) yet.

Please take that out.

Marking edits minor by default is not the right behavior. We want to see
clueless newbie edits by default, and for those of us who hide minor edits
(the only way minor edits are used right now) that would make that not
possible.

What I've seen work is to make summaries mandatory for non-minor edits.

Otherwise we should not change the default settings.