[Wikipedia-l] minor changes default

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Thu Nov 21 02:10:34 UTC 2002

> its interesting how upset people have gotten over this minor changes issue
> without really making any effort to explain it to me
>
> how about an option to have the minor changes box checked on default?

Good idea for copyeditors, and reasonably simple to do, if nobody else wants
to do it, I can implement it.

Also, free of charge, here's a guide for stopping people from getting upset
about what you do:
1) Stop being confrontational and silly. We don't need to take ourselves too
seriously, but the project itself is not a playground.
2) Apologize to the list for your past behavior of category 1). Apologies
are something only mature people are capable of, and therefore always a good
demonstration.
3) Try to communicate your ideas in a reasonable fashion, arguing logically
and not emotionally. Be willing to compromise. Be willing to learn.

People currently don't trust you at all and thus tend to overreact a little
-- if you want them to trust you, you need to prove yourself worthy of trust.
Otherwise I'm afraid you will be banned again eventually, and although I do
not like the current way bans are decided, I can see that there's a line that
needs to be drawn.

Regards,

Erik