[Wikipedia-l] Re: Educating newcomers

Throbbing Monster Cock thromoco at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 16:17:31 UTC 2002

> I have "adopted" Lir as a mentee, because I believe
> she really wants to contribute. Please join me in
> gently (or firmly) coaching her about Wikipedia
> standards such as naming convention, NPOV, etc.

Lir's current standards are just as valid as the so
called "community standards".  Her persistance in
applying these standards could be seen as her attempt
to coach all other Wikipedia users to adapt to her
naming conventions and POV.

Just because a viewset is shared by the majority, no
matter how overwhelming that majority, the majority
has no authority over the dissenting individual.

--TMC