[Wikipedia-l] vandalism spree

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Tue Nov 19 15:54:20 UTC 2002

The Cunctator:
>>How about not blocking?

Toby:
>An obvious solution to the problems of this weekend.
>But I don't think that you'll get the rest of Wikipedia
>to go along with your suggestion.
>Do you think that the other ideas will make things better?

Assuming people are allowed to continue blocking, could we modify the
blocked IP log to list who's blocked when, and when unblocked (this
would require breaking every 50 entries or so off onto an archive).
Toby, Laurence, and I could not figure out at what time I blocked the
.96 and .98 IPs.  I had a range it could have been in, Toby had one
also; we probably got within 15 minutes or so.

kq