[Wikipedia-l] goatse

Toby Bartels toby+wikipedia at math.ucr.edu
Sat Nov 16 21:05:05 UTC 2002

Ortolan88 wrote:

>Anthere wrote:

>>Ed Poor wrote:

>>>We have a [[goatse.cx]] article, and I don't like it. But anyone who's
>>>foolish enough to click on the link for it will be able to read it. And
>>>anyone who's foolhardy enough to click on the external image link will see
>>>it.

Meaning "anyone who's foolish enough to click on the link for it
when they know that they're the type to be offended or disturbed
by an image such as the one described on the page", of course.

>>You might - perhaps - avoid saying people who have different sensibilities
>>than yours, are fools.

>You don't have to be a fool to be foolhardy "delighting in needless
>risks".  Have you followed that link?  Do you ever want to see it
>again?

Making assumptions?
I thought that the picture was rather interesting when I first saw it.
Now I'm too familiar with it to care; ho hum, says I, it's goatse.cx again.

-- Toby