[Wikipedia-l] Erik's team certification proposal

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Nov 15 16:50:53 UTC 2002

I'm not sure the consensus is to reject Erik's idea.

Erik is still for it. And I'd like to see it happen, if we can find a way that's technically feasible and doesn't conflict with the Wikipedia's main goals.

Nonetheless, Larry's idea has several advantages:
1. Magnus already wrote some software for it.
2. It doesn't require any change to PediaWiki software.
3. It's troll-proof.
4. We can start testing it any day now.

Erik's idea has my support, plus the support of a few others (sorry, names escape me, it's been a hectic week).

One way to support team certification on Wikipedia is similar to sifter:
* Create certification teams
* Let any team member certify any article
* Display a list of articles, each of which is certified by every member of a given team.

This can be done in software. I've begun sketching out a simple design already. If there's enough interest, we can move discussion to wikitech-l for implementation.

Ed Poor