[Wikipedia-l] What the front page of the wikipedia needs is a warning for children

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Thu Nov 14 23:25:26 UTC 2002

Wikipedia is not Britannica, and is also different from Encyclopedia Americana, the big one-volume Columbia Encyclopedia or any of Microsoft's attempts.

NPOV is one thing that distinguishes us. There's less of a whitewash on Communism in Wikipedia than in Britannica.

There's also a lot more about X-rated and XXX-rated sexual practices here.

I don't know if this requires a warning label -- at least not until we start shipping the CD-ROM version.

I think Larry's sifter idea, backed by Magnus's software, will make the warning-label question moot.

Ed Poor