[Wikipedia-l] Re: TMC.

tarquin tarquin at planetunreal.com
Thu Nov 14 12:02:18 UTC 2002

Regarding the immutability of the TMC username -- are article histories
stored as text values or User IDs?
If it's the latter, someone with database access can hack TMC's username
and poof! all the histories automagically change to read "Fluffy bunny
land" or something.

The Cunctator wrote:

>I wrote a hideously long email, then realized it was hideously long, so
>I've put it up at meta.
>
>http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/TMC%27s_sysop_request
>

 > We shouldn't say, "It's all right to be juvenile and rude as a
contributor, but sysops require more responsibility and ability to work
with others than average Wikipedians."

Agreed. It is not alright to be juvenile or rude.
Lir...? TMC...?