[Wikipedia-l] Re: Requesting Sysop Status

Throbbing Monster Cock thromoco at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 20:51:27 UTC 2002

> I am requesting sysop status on Wikipedia.

I see that within minutes of my requesting sysop
status, Maveric149 rushed to the
[[Wikipedia:Administrators]] page to alter the
admission policy.

Specifically, he added the word "trusted" to the
criteria.  This word has not been part of the policy
since August 12th, when it was removed by Lee Daniel
Crocker.

I interpret this action to imply that Maveric149 does
not trust me, and intends to use his post facto
manipulation of the policy to oppose my promotion.

Nonetheless, my request for Sysop status still stands.
 My edits have been useful contributions to Wikipedia.
 I have not been involved in any edit wars, with the
possible exception of the "Hitler's Balls" issue which
was (and is) a difference of opinion regarding the
copyright status of the text in question.

I fit the written guidelines prior to Maveric149's
edits.  Since I can further attest that I consider
myself "trusted", I continue to fit the guidelines
after his edits.

--TMC