[Wikipedia-l] Censorship and bowdlerization

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Wed Nov 13 17:49:45 UTC 2002

Steve Callaway wrote:

>It's much easier just to delete the pages you don't like or which don't suit
>your agenda, though, isn't it Magnus?

Before you delete them you have to know that they are there.

 Some terms like "pussy" have both ordinary and ribald meanings.  How
often on "Are You Being Served?" did we here about Mrs. Slocum's pussy?
 From our perspective the filtering would only be used to identify the
articles.  It is then up to the end user to adjust his preferences
accordingly if he wants things filtered.

Eclecticology