[Wikipedia-l] Re: Lir

koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com koyaanisqatsi at nupedia.com
Tue Nov 12 16:28:19 UTC 2002

anonymous Wrote:
>Just my opinion but I think hindsight has proven that is was a big
mistake to
>unblock Lir. This single individual has proven to be a anti-social
pest who
>is on the verge of driving at least one other contributor away and drove
>Andre away for some time. I also haven't seen Lee around much since
you so
>publically reverted his IMO perfectly valid ban on Lir. I guess he is
a bit
>discusted about the whole matter - I sure would be (and am).
>
>Please refresh my memory on why it is necessary to be so permissive
about
>alloying trolls to troll about? Their mere presence attacks more of
their ilk
>and drives away the type of contributors we want, like Zoe.
>
>Do you really want to have more Lirs and fewer Zoes?
>
>--.sig
>
>PS it is late and the above may sound a bit harsh. Please don't take
it that
>way -- I still have the greatest respect for you and your
contributions. I
>just think that your idealism has been a bit on unrealistic side in this
>particular matter.

FWIW, I've been regretting the unbanning also.  Lir does not
contribute nearly as much as any one of the people she's constantly
butting heads with.  I'd much rather ban Lir again, and if I were able
to do it now I think I would.  I had high hopes that Lir would turn
around, but those hopes now seem completely divorced from reality: I
think she gets her jollies by stirring up trouble and antagonizing.

kq