[Wikipedia-l] Fucking Asshole

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Nov 12 16:06:42 UTC 2002

-> Ed Poor wrote:
->
-> >If we have a standard on not showing the goat man's naked butt, then we have
-> >a standard. All I'm saying is: let's refine and enshrine our standards.
->
-> Do we have a standard on not showing the goat man's naked butt?
-> We have standards on not violating copyright and on vandalising;
-> either of these alone is sufficient for those specific cases.
-> I personally wouldn't want to enshrine an additional standard.
->
->
-> -- Toby

Don't we have a standard? There isn't a single instance of a link to the goatse image other than on the article about it. Every time it has appeared, people have given it a good swift kick in the, er, I mean deleted the link as soon as possible. It's the single most common entry in "vandalism in progress".

Then someone decided to remove the ability of ANYONE to make in-line links to external images. I noticed that when the "mediator" cartoon gracing my user page disappeared.

Oh, we have a standard all right. We're debating whether it should be "official" or what.

Ed Poor