[Wikipedia-l] Re: voting

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Tue Nov 12 09:37:32 UTC 2002

Steve Callaway wrote:

>Anti-American views are not represented. Fact.

The purpose of wikipedia is not to *represent* anti-American views.
Neither pro-American views, BTW.
They can be *mentioned*, *described*, *analyzed* in encyclopedia
articles. Maybe we *should* have an article about anti-American views,
if we don't already have one.
If you feel that some (or all) articles are biased towards american
views, point it out in these articles, and weight such statements
accordingly. No one, including me (who originally deleted that
anti-American users page), will stop you from doing that, if your
intention is clearly to present facts, and mark all viewpoints as such,
If you feel like smearing "I hate America" all over some place,
wikipedia is not it. Get yourself a home page somewhere else and stop
wasting my time.

Magnus
CEO, Ministry of Circumlocution ;-)