[Wikipedia-l] windshield police (Was: Wikipedia moderators and moral authority)

Throbbing Monster Cock thromoco at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 12 00:28:55 UTC 2002

> Those car windows represent work and labor on
> someones part, whether the builder, or someone who
> traded their labor for those car windows.  To
> destroy those windows is to rob someone of their
> labor.  Anarchists clearly frown on robbery, as it
> is a form of coercion.

This is not a debate on the flavors of anarchism, but
an example illustrating that the gang's desire to
smash windows is objectively equal to Ed's desire to
leave them intact.

If it makes you feel any better, the gang considers
the intact windshields to be the "means of production"
through which broken windshields are produced.
Because the social class of "car owners" cannot use
their ownership of these means of production to exert
control over the gang, it is necessary for the gang to
take "possession" of the windshields while they put
they to the use of being smashed.

You can label the thought processes of the gang
whatever you like, I really don't care.  Call them
"anarcho-capitalists" or call them "crypto-facists".
The point is that without some moral absolutes, Ed and
the gang are on equal moral ground.