[Wikipedia-l] Re: server

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 23:26:02 UTC 2002

On Monday 11 November 2002 02:39 pm, Zoe wrote:
> Who locked the database, why, and when will it be unlocked?  If solving the
> lag problem is to make it impossible to update, what' s the point of having
> a wikipedia? Zoe

Yes, an uneditable wiki is a major joke. Our articles are always readable via
Google cache. Could it be possible to allow editing by at least logged-in
users?

--Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

PS I hope the reason why there have been so damn many posts today is just
because nobody can edit. I don't have time to read 5+ digests a day.