[Wikipedia-l] windshield police (Was: Wikipedia moderators and moral authority)

Throbbing Monster Cock thromoco at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 23:01:51 UTC 2002

Ed Poor wrote:
> I might be an anarchist, but if I see a gang of kids
> going down the street, methodically knocking out car
> windshields with baseball bats -- I'm calling the
> cops. And I want them to have handcuffs, mace and
> guns.

In this case we have your opinion that windshields
should not be knocked out, and the opinion of the
"gang" that windshields should be knocked out.  What
makes your opinion that the windshields should remain
intact superior to the opinion that they should be
shattered?

Is your attempt to call the police merely another way
of saying you would resort to the use of force
(handcuffs, mace, and guns) to enforce your opinion
regarding windshields?  Is force to be the ultimate
determanant of what is "right" or "wrong"?  Does that
mean that if the gang has overbearing force to use
against the police, then they are now morally right
regarding the windshields?