[Wikipedia-l] Ed F.A. Poor

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 11 20:23:46 UTC 2002

Why would I use the pronoun 'you' to refer to you? That's silly! One would think I was opposing your call to ban me -- despite your never having made one.

Look, we can trade witticisms all day.

But Wikipedia is getting bigger, it's throbbing, it's monstrous, it's becoming cocky, and I'm with Magnus and Larry:
* I want to build a free encyclopedia.
* I see Wiki software as a means to an end.

When I wrote an appointment scheduler for a hospital, it wasn't because they wanted to "have appointment scheduling software" but because they wanted to "keep track of their appointments".

Let the end guide the choice of means. (Not to be confused with -- or to override -- "the end justifies the means", lest Larry stomp me while you hold me down!)

Ed Poor