[Wikipedia-l] Tokerboy weighs in

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Mon Nov 11 20:18:21 UTC 2002

On 11/11/02 2:52 PM, "Tucci" <tucci528 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Tokerboy
> :Ed Poor
>
> I originally only wanted to respond to two posts.
> First of all, I like the Cunctster being a prick--he's
> a vaccine against groupthink because no decision will
> ever be unanimous as long as he is here--makes me
> wonder if that's his goal.  Many CEOs and team leaders
> and the like secretly designate one board/team member
> to disagree on every decision, because otherwise
> groups tend to accept the first even remotely viable
> option presented.

Oh, I've agreed with many a decision. My goal is not to disagree with every
decision, just to discourage mistakes.

I don't think freezing pages is the right way to deal with edit conflicts.

I think the right thing to do would be to carefully go over the case history
and look at specific examples of where people feel the system has broken
down.