[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedians groups (was small Small Request and other titles)

Alexander Stephen Bradbury bradba at bishop-perowne.worcs.sch.uk
Mon Nov 11 19:10:40 UTC 2002

It seems to me though, quite oppressive to let people state their
religion, but not say they're anti-american. If the anti-american page had
never been created, I'm sure many wouldn't care if somebody made a
democratic page, or something more 'acceptable' to most people. Not that
being democratic or anti american are mutually exclusive. People can
assert their religion, and numerous other things, why not their dislike of
america. This is censorship, it seems in a way non-NPOV to me. My point
is, we should let EVERYBODY categorise themselves into whatever wikipedian
group they want, or let nobody, or maybe restrict it to geographical.
Though that would be by no means perfect, as it may not be such a good
thing to only let people categorise themselves by their nationality. I
know I'm being rather picky, but I feel it's an important aspect of the
project. End of rant.

ASB

--
<signature>
There are only 10 types of people in this world;