[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia moderators and moral authority (wasRe: Repost: clear guidelines and the power to enforce)

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 11 18:38:08 UTC 2002

Let me say first of all that I agree with Cunctator's well-reasoned points.

However, stop being an idiot! People don't change just because you call them names, you fool!

And you have failed to explain how reviewing and codifying our customs and/or blocking violators of codified will "destroy" Wikipedia. What the heck does "limited to certain type of person" mean? Are you afraid that people like you would be kicked out? Shucks, you're the first person I would vote for to be a Moderator!

We already block the IPs of graffiti artists. How would reviewing and codifying the "vandal blocking" policy make things worse?

Ed Poor