[Wikipedia-l] Ed F.A. Poor

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Mon Nov 11 18:27:58 UTC 2002

On 11/11/02 1:17 PM, "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> Well, duh!
>
> If I wanted to hide it, I would have used a fake e-mail address. But I'm not
> that sneaky.
>
> Besides, just imagine the coincidence of ME asking about a "hypothetical case"
> of a rant appear on the same day and hour as that rant actually appears, word
> for word the same?
>
> The point is: what do we do about "obscene" usernames? Is Throbbing Monster
> Cock okay, just because you see an image of a chicken towering over the
> skyline and thus "get" the joke? (Not talking about the user himself; he's a
> good chap; just his nick.)

As obscenity goes, Throbbing Monster Cock and Fucking Asshole are not in the
same category. If you were attempting to make the comparison, you should
have used something like Slick Wet Beaver.

(apologies.)

All I can say is that we have never had a case of vandalism which paralleled
the one you just committed.