Pro and contra, was: [Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia-l digest, Vol 1 #839 - 15 msgs

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Mon Nov 11 14:22:15 UTC 2002

Jaap van Ganswijk wrote:

>So it's okay to be pro Osama bin Laden, but bad to be anti American? ;-)

OK, let's open a pro-Osama page. Once all have signed in (especially
americans), I'll be happy to forward the URL to the FBI. I'm sure
they'll have shut down wikipedia in no time ;-)

Seriously, while geographic location pages for users are surely OK,
political statements etc. have *no* use at all on an encyclopedia, with
the possible exception of a "list of expert users" for some topic.
"wikipedia:Muslim users" might serve a function. Your *views* should be
kept either to your user page or to the meta, where we already have
several "my view on life"-style articles.

Magnus