[Wikipedia-l] Lir, yet again.

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Fri Nov 8 15:28:43 UTC 2002

We don't know Lir's real age. She describes herself as a woman, so it's fair to assume we know her sex. But we can only guess at her age. Not only do ladies often not care to reveal such personal info, it's rare for people online to do so either. She acknowledges *acting* like a 14-year-old.

Less than 5% of the contributors whose Usernames I recognize go by their real names: Jimbo Wales, Larry Sanger do it because of their positions as founder and shaper. I do it because I don't want anyone saying, "These Moonies always hide behind a facade; see, even BigMetalGuy won't reveal his real name."

As one of my favorite New Yorker cartoons points out, "On the Internet no one knows you're a dog."

Ed Poor (my real name)
"Opinions expressed here are no reflection of my employer's policies." (my official disclaimer)
www.edpoor.com (my real boring website)