[Wikipedia-l] Spinoff "newspedia" project?

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 18:44:06 UTC 2002

On Wednesday 06 November 2002 04:00 am, Anthere wrote:
> hum...maybe you should help for the main list to
> really become the main list one day, rather than the
> en.list. Then you would have another list to register
> to :-)). Seriously, IntList is just a partial copy of
> this one...

I agree. What would seem logical to me is this:
  wikipedia-l : concerns the whole project (all languages)
  enwiki-l : only concerns en.wiki
  xxwiki-l: only concerns xx.wiki (replace xx with a language code)
  wikitech-l : all about the software and performance issues
  intlwiki-l : discussion that concerns the internal matters of any wikipedia
language that doesn't have its own mailing list yet or who are trying to
establish themselves as a wiki.

This still means that wikipedia-l gets a lot of traffic so we may further
break that up in the future;
 wikilegal-l : Legal stuff

Other ideas welcome.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)