[Wikipedia-l] Just blocked someone

Pierre Abbat phma at webjockey.net
Wed Nov 6 01:06:43 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 19:36, daniwo59 at aol.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I never wanted to use my block function, but I did. 66.57.25.123 just
> vandalized an article and posted a threat. Was that the correct response,
> or should that user be unblocked.

That is rdu57-25-123.nc.rr.com (you can type "nslookup 66.57.25.123" or "dig
66.57.25.123" to find this out), which is probably a cable modem user in the
Raleigh-Durham area. He may have the same address for several months, or may
get a new one tomorrow, depending on how often he reboots his computer.

I normally wait until the third offense to block someone, but I'm not going
to fault you for blocking someone who wrote that.

phma