[Wikipedia-l] RE: Article count request for comments

Alexander Stephen Bradbury bradba at bishop-perowne.worcs.sch.uk
Tue Nov 5 20:42:33 UTC 2002

I think finding a better way to report the human contribution to Wikipedia
is a good idea, and counting only those articles that have been edited at
least once sounds like a reasonable solution. However, if possible could
the raw number of articles that is currently shown on the Main Page be
there too? Also, if we made some change to the markup, and some automated
conversion needed to be done wouldn't this sort of muck up the article
count? Anyway, as long as you keep the plain article total as well I'm
happy. I'm on the daily digest, so haven't read any other replies, but one
solution to the automated conversion thing could be to not count minor
edits, so automated conversions could be labeled minor edits.

ASB

--
<signature>
There are only 10 types of people in this world;