[Wikipedia-l] Feature Proposal: Certification

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Tue Nov 5 17:55:42 UTC 2002

Toby,

I didn't say I wanted MY town library to keep out smelly people (read that as "vagrants") or that I only go to classy "proper attire required" restaurants. Rev. Moon tells the story of how he was once confronted by a maitre d' who told him he had to wear a tie. He said "thank you" and left. He figured that if they had a rule like that they probably had a policy of not serving black people either.

I don't want the Wikipedia to exclude people with views I despise. I just don't want them to rip pages out of the books or put salt in the sugar dispenser.

Ed Poor