[Wikipedia-l] Re: Feature Proposal: Certification

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Nov 4 15:59:58 UTC 2002

I second Mav's suggestion and applaud his desire to help.

I really like the idea of "levels of certification". There's a big jump up from "some user" wrote this to "a reviewer with a degree in the field" reviewed it. How many more jumps are there? Department head? Published author? Nobel Prize winner?

At first, we might not be able to attract people who are as highly qualified as Britannica's reviewers -- especially if we don't pay them anything. But I would really, MUCH, rather read a biology article reviewed by Mav (or a math article reviewed by Axel) than some unreviewed, open-to-graffiti version. I mean, what if some kid changes a key value in a chemistry equation?

I knew we could do it: the Wiki Borg lives!

Ed Poor